Altruism: It’s for the benefit of others
Quality of Life: It makes your own life better and provides a sense of value for yourself
Giving Back: It can be viewed as a sense of duty; a responsibility to help others
The benefits of volunteering include:
- A great way to get perspective on your own life.
- It’s easy to get consumed by worries by economic pressures, good grades, busy schedules and social issues.
- You believe in making the world a better place.
- You are willing to sacrifice your time and energy to do it.
- It gives you an opportunity to change people’s lives, including your own.
- Volunteering is not like school or a job: Choices about what you do, where you do it, and what interests you are your own.